You can expect quality service from your initial inquiry until job completion.
1. After your initial inquiry to G.L.C. we will evaluate your project and return your call or email within 2-3 business days. Upon your first contact, expect for us to get all of the details on your upcoming project before we schedule an estimate. We want to understand your specific needs before scheduling a next step to make sure our company is a match. Due to high demand for our services, G.L.C. cannot accommodate every request we receive. Our team will carefully assess every inquiry and let you know if we can help bring your ideas to fruition or if we may have to decline to scope, budget or location.
2. If we are a good fit, a meeting is scheduled for one of our representatives to visit your property. At this time they will discuss your goals and budget with you in more detail. Payment is not required for a professional consultation. After your initial meeting with G.L.C. you can expect a detailed estimate and superior design suggestions.
3. Seeing is believing; if you’d like to hire G.L.C. to create an outdoor living space or landscape redesign please know we can provide a digital 3D rendering. This scope of work would require a design contract to be initiated and a $200-$500 design fee to be obtained.
4. Once selecting G.L.C. as your premier landscape contractor, we begin the process to finalize all selections, contracts, gather signatures and obtain a deposit check. We make it easy to do business with us - ask about our Do-It-Now Financing options!
5. Prior to any work commencing at your home or business, G.L.C. will conduct a pre-construction meeting with you and your project manager to discuss how we plan to complete your project in the most efficient way possible. Throughout every stage of your landscaping &/or hardscaping project you can expect professionalism and efficiency.
6. Construction begins and you can sit back and relax! Let G.L.C. take care of everything - including making your neighbors jealous. We aim for 100% satisfaction afterwards and expect you to enjoy your yard for many years to come.
G.L.C. proudly services the Downriver area & Wayne County.
Serving Wayne County – New Boston, Huron Township, Flat Rock, Grosse Ile, Trenton, Brownstown, Gibraltar, Woodhaven, Riverview, Wyandotte, Canton, Northville, Plymouth, Livonia
No; we are certified brick paver installers and have invested in our employees and business to focus on strictly brick paver installation. Here are a few reasons why:
Paver stones come in all shapes, sizes, colors, patterns, and textures. Many options are available which range from cobblestone, manufactured flagstone, large stones, small stones, wall stones, cap stones, and so on. The options available for a paver patio are endless which gives you the ability to bring out your home’s personality in the design of the patio. Patio borders, walls, and fire pits are just several more aspects that can take your paver patio to another level.
Concrete patios will tend to crack and discolor over time. Stamped concrete will fade its color since it is only placed in the top layer of the patio. Because the entire cement patio is one single slab, settling in the base will cause stress on the entire slab and will cause cracks to form. Over time these cracks will expand as more settling occurs as well as expansion from ice during the winter.
However, paver patios are designed so that in the event of settling in the base, there will be no cracking since the patio is composed of many stones. Pavers also allow for proper drainage so that expansion from ice does not alter the patio. Also, the color of the stone goes all the way through the stone and will not fade.
Repairing a crack in a concrete patio is costly and takes more time than that of a paver patio. The repair of the concrete is often visible even after completion. In some circumstances, the entire slab will have to be replaced.
If a paver is damaged, the process to replace it is very easy as it is lifted up out of the patio and replaced with a new stone. Proper maintenance of a paver patio would include adding polymeric sand (joint sand) every couple years.
GLC has a long list of happy homeowners we've serviced over the years. Several of our customers are happy to show off the GLC workmanship at their home for you personally. Please ask us for a detailed list of references, we are happy to provide! If you are an Angie's List member please check out our "A Rated" Company Profile online.
Unilock Authorized Contractors are part of an elite group whose work and business practices have met demanding standards. Once Unilock® Authorized Contractor status is granted, these inspections continue annually, and the contractor must re-affirm that they will continue to:
- Construct all projects in accordance with the Unilock® Installations Standards
- Follow the Unilock® Authorized Contractor Code of Ethics
- Participate in continuing education courses
- Offer a minimum two-year workmanship guarantee